Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Does Blogging Help?
1. How easy has it been to set up your Independent Study blog and to get used to posting things on it? Were you given enough support in doing it? What other help would have been useful?
It was easy to do, especially since we already had the production blog. I don't think any other help was needed.
2. How did the blog help with your research? Did the blog motivate you to do more and better research? How? Why?
I think that the blog was really helpful because all the research was in one place and easy to look up. I guess it motivated me because it was so easy to do if I had an idea I could just post it up so i didn't forget.
3. Is it useful having all the Independent Study/blog tasks posted on the Macguffin blog? Does it make it more likely that you will get them done?
Yes I think its good because you can always check exactly what you need to do and catch up on any missed work.
4. How often (honestly!) do you check the Macguffin blog? (Remember, it should be at least twice/week).
Probably twice a week most weeks.
5. Has it been useful being able to see and access everyone else’s research and planning through their blogs?
Yes especially if your studies cross-over but also in my essay if I was mentioning a topic, like representation of women, it was good that I could look into it on people's blogs.
6. How do you feel about the fact that your teacher can keep a close check on your progress through accessing your blog? Is it too intrusive and controlling or is it encouraging and supportive?
It doesn't seem intrusive... its good to keep track.
7. How useful have the comments been that you received from…a. Macguffin, b. other students.
I haven't had any comments from Macguffin, others people's comments have been useful because there might be points I didn't consider.
8. How has the blog helped with your essay planning? How useful was the blog when it came to writing the essay? Do you think your first draft is better because you have used a blog?
I think that the blog was useful, everything I needed was in one place and once I'd finished I could go through my blog and check I hadn't missed anything. Also because I'd written most of the posts myself instead of getting them off the internet I could include some of it in my essay.
9. How would you evaluate the quality of your blog? What could you have done better?
I think my blog is good, it's all clear and there's a lot of research. I could have organised it into themes or something.
10. Do you think you will get a better final grade for your independent study through having used a blog?
Possibly, the organisation that the blog gives meant that I didn't leave anything out.
11. Which are the best three blogs? Why?
I found Navdeep's blog really useful when I was including some representation of women stuff in my essay and Jatinder's and Jaskeerat's are both really detailed and interesting topics.
12. Do you think next year’s Year 13s would benefit from setting up an Independent Study blog?
Yes.
13. Are there any negative aspects to preparing for an Independent Study using a blog?
Not really, except when you have to rely on a bad internet connection which is really annoying.
14. What could be done to improve teaching and/or learning in future through blogs?
I think it might be good to get a couple of comments from Macguffin once in a while just saying how the blogs progressing etc. Other than that it's fine.
15. Overall, are you pleased that we used blogs? Has it been interesting and enjoyable? Why? Why not?
I think it's a really good idea, much more interesting than just research folders because there's pictures and clips. Also everything's so well organised on here you can't lose any sheets and miss out anything important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home